Monday, November 28, 2011

[22] Nissan Versa Campaign Collateral

If you haven't seen the new Nissan Versa "Headroom/Legroom" campaign bouncing around I'd be surprised. You know- the one with that catchy song, "Don't Stop (Color the Walls)" by Foster the People, playing behind a bunch of snapshots of faces and feet. No? These ones:




The reason I bring it up is because I got hit with a direct mail piece the other day that brought it to a new level, well my parents did. My Nissan Murano driving dad had a post-card sized packet with his name on it. The front of it pictured a Versa while the back had the same type snapshots from the tv spots. I opened it (with permission, no felony) to find out it was indeed part of the same "Headroom/Legroom" campaign, and it was pretty damn cool.

Front Cover
The 11 panels folded out to make up a ruler that measured 50" on one side, and 47" on the other (a panel cut off the other 3"). On the 50 incher there was a collage of snapshots from many of the faces from the spots. Markers were placed at the 36.6" and 39.8" marks to display the rear and front headroom respectively. Same on the reverse legroom side, but the markers were 37.0"and 41.8". In between pictures were subtle selling points and cool facts about the car, not a bunch of numbers.

Legroom

Headroom
I found myself holding up the piece thinking that it really was a lot of room, something I've never really thought about in a car before. I have now had the mailer for five days, much longer than anything else I get in the mail, and I am not even a Nissan owner. I asked my dear friend Colleen, an exec on the Nissan account at Chiat, if they were too behind the mailer. She did confirm it to be another intelligent work of Chiat. Not to be confused with the Nissan brochure advertising headed up by The Designory; also a pretty neat agency with stellar work.

No comments:

Post a Comment