Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Wondrous and Brave Work of David&Goliath

I am very disappointed in myself for not being up on this sooner. I pride myself on being able to distinguish which agency handles a certain ad, but with the common practice of using multiple agencies for different parts of the same account, I am often wrong. This was the case for the recent Hardee's/Carl's Jr television spot, "Miss Turkey." You know, the one which shows a beautiful woman in a mini-burger print bathing suit.



There wasn't a question in my mind as to who did it - 72andSunny, boom! Am I dead wrong in assuming it was 72? I don't think so. The spot is outgoing, blunt and in your face - very 72-ish. Had to be them right? Wrong.

Turns out David&Goliath, although geographically close to 72andSunny, actually handled the spot. I dug a little deeper into the work of D&G only to be amazed at what I discovered - but should have already known.


David&Goliath does a whole hell of a lot more than their Effie-winning Kia Soul commercial featuring those hamsters. They are the geniuses behind the Blake Griffin - Kia Optima campaign, Bacardi&Cola spots and my personal favorite - the print ads for Monte Carlo's: The Pub Las Vegas, featuring brilliant copy.









David&Goliath has molded its agency after one simple characteristic: bravery. They are brave enough to push the limit, brave enough to push themselves and brave enough to make damn good work that sticks. This is a creative agency that anyone would be lucky to be a part of.

No comments:

Post a Comment